Chelsea Area Festival and Events is taking submissions for the 12th annual Chelsea SculptureWalk, which would feature artists work in the 2021-2022’s rotation of art displays.
ScupltureWalk Chelsea is a rotating, outdoor sculpture exhibition showcased in historic and scenic Chelsea. Selected artists will receive an award, a year-long highly visible platform throughout Chelsea, and the opportunity to sell accepted work by means of marketing efforts provided through the Chelsea Area Festival and Events (CAFE) organization in collaboration with community partners. Fourteen works of original art will be accepted, via a juried process, into 2021-2022’s rotation, marking the twelfth year that the sculptures will be adorning the cityscape.
Each selected artist will receive a $850 award. With every sale of work, 70% of the sale price will go to the artist. Additionally, artists work will be placed in a highly visible site for a year-long marketing campaign promoting the exhibition and artists. Online and walking map brochures will be produced and available for free to the public as well as guided docent tours throughout the year.
To apply to be part of this awesome, outdoor exhibit, artists will need to do the following:
- Completed Application and $15 Application fee
- Open to regional artists 18 years of age and older
- Only original and completed works of art will be accepted, no proposals for work
- Entries must meet standards of public safety and durability of design and materials for outdoor placement
- Hardware must be provided by the artist (tools and equipment needed for unloading and placing artwork will be provided)
- Selected works must be installed on the appointed installation date, late May 2021, and remain in place for the full year of the exhibition. Unsold work must be removed on the appointed removal day/time, May 2022.
- Sculptures must be available for purchase while on display. Upon sale, the Artist will receive 70% of the agreed price and CAFE will receive 30% for the ongoing management of the exhibition
- Artist must be present during the installation and removal of the sculpture
Deadline for applications is February 19. Selections will be made and artists will be notified by March 26. Installation of accepted work will take place mid-to-late May 2021, where specific dates and times will be arranged.
Keep in mind that, with COVID, dates are subject to change. However, CAFE will work to provide any changes in a timely manner.
For those interested, apply here. Remember, application deadlines are February 19!