[Editors Note: Argo and Gallup canoe liveries are temporarily closed due to COVID-19 positive test results of individuals who visited the liveries between July 3 and 5. Individuals who visited the liveries during this time should self-monitor for any COVID-19 symptoms.]
On Friday, May 29, the city of Ann Arbor decided to reopen the popular Argo and Gallup park liveries. Because boating is allowed under governor Whitmer’s executive orders, the liveries are now allowed to reopen but some of the rental procedures have changed to ensure safety amid the COVID-19 crisis.
To continue to flatten the curve, the liveries will require residents to make reservations before coming to the livery. Reservations can be made either online or by calling the livery you wish to visit. With a reservation, park goers will be able to enjoy a 2-mile pond paddle around the Huron River.
Additionally, the city announced that it will not sell or rent tubes for this season at Argo Cascades. This is to help spread people out and help minimize the number of people centralizing themselves in one part of the river. However, patrons are welcome to bring their own tubes. Argo does have an air pump available to help inflate personal tubes.
The liveries are closely following the CDC guidelines for reopening. This includes procedures such as:
- Requiring reservations to help reduce lines
- Sanitizing equipment between every use to ensure patrons safety
- Disinfecting counters and surfaces that are frequently used
- Offering hand sanitizer throughout the facilities
- Requiring staff to wear facemasks when around people
- Adhering to social distancing rules by having patrons stand 6 feet apart at all times
- Utilizing self-launching docks for all patrons
- Holding park operations outdoors as much as possible
To reserve a boat at Argo boat rental, patrons can go online or call 734-794-6240.
To reserve a boat at Gallup Park, go online or call 734-794-6240.