After weeks of liquidation sales, Sears, located in the Briarwood Mall, at 900 Briarwood Circle, closed for good in January. The 166, 277 square foot store, which opened for mall customers in 1973, closed as part of Sears’ Chapter 11 Bankruptcy.
Anna’s House, with multiple locations across Michigan, opened an Ann Arbor location in mid-March, at 445 E. Eisenhower in Concord Center, formerly a Max and Erma’s restaurant. The family-owned and operated restaurant uses fresh, local, and all-natural ingredients, including menu options for vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free or dairy-free diets. Designer, Tylor Devereaux, known for his work
The University of Michigan Museum of Natural History re-opens April 14 in its new location, the Biological Sciences Building at 1105 North University Ave. in Ann Arbor. The museum, formerly housed in the Ruthven Building, closed in December 2017, has reinvented itself in the new $261 million, 312,000-square-foot locale which highlights preservation of the past
Three cutting-edge companies based in Ann Arbor have been selected to participate in SXSW Pitch, a competition for up and coming technology.
In late January, demolition of the Ed Monaghan Building, and three rental houses next to it, began to make way for a five-story condo building known as “The Gallery.”