Combine cooking with cannabis and cold weather….and the obvious result is: cannabis hot cocoa. We connected with JARS Cannabis for their take on the classic cold weather drink.
CANNABIS-INFUSED HOT COCOA RECIPE
On the next snowy day or whenever you’re feeling cozy, whip up our version of this classic cold-weather treat. The rich chocolatey flavor with herbal kick is going to be your new holiday tradition.
(Makes 2 drinks)
- 2 cups milk of your choice
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate bar (dark chocolate is our favorite)
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon THC infused coconut oil (ratio depends on your desired dosage) Recipe for infusing coconut oil can be found within our other recipe, HERE.
- Healthy pinch of salt
- Marshmallows or whipped cream for garnish, optional
- Place milk, cocoa powder, and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium/medium-low heat, whisking frequently, until warm (but not boiling). Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and whisk constantly until the chocolate chips melt and distribute evenly into the milk. Briefly place back on the heat if needed.
- Whisk in vanilla extract and cannabis-infused coconut oil until frothy. Pour into mugs and serve warm. Top with whipped cream or marshmallows if you’d like. Enjoy!
WHY COCONUT OIL?
Although you can substitute cannabutter in the recipe, we highly recommend trying a cannabis-infused coconut oil. Rich in fat, this oil makes a perfect carrier for THC while also giving your beverage a delightful taste. Coconut oil adds a lightly sweet flavor to your hot chocolate that finishes with a pleasant tropical vibe. The oil also gives your drink a creamy mouthfeel and frothy top, just like the pros make at a coffee shop.
Recipe courtesy of JARS Cannabis with locations on Packard and Main St. in Ann Arbor. Jarscannabis.com