- So long, farewell: After being open for almost two decades, Ann Arbor favorite 1850s themed night club, the Circus Bar, will permanently close after the ninth of February.
- For the love of Jewelry: Princess Designs in Kerrytown has officially closed. The owner (Jones) is moving out of state to take care of her aging parents. But, all is not lost! You can still get her one-of-a kind jewelry online at her Etsy site, etsy.com/shop/jaspersjewels
- Massage please: Soothe, the fastest-growing on-demand massage and wellness company is now in Ann Arbor. So if you aren’t up for the troublesome drive to the spa, Soothe will happily deliver a licensed, vetted and certified massage therapist to you, wherever you might be! 1-800-960-7668 or soothe.com
- Moving up: A four-story development is planned for the northeast corner of Jefferson and Ashley streets in Ann Arbor. The highrise will consist of 21 two-bedroom condos and a handful of three bedroom penthouse units with rooftop patios.
- Hail to the victors: Swimming app, MySwimPro, created by University of Michigan graduates, Adam Oxner and Fares Ksebati, has been named Apple Watch App of the Year.
- Moving closets: Vintage clothing store, Friend’s Closet, has moved to Cross Street in Ypsilanti.
- New name: Sabor Latino is changing its name to Agave Tequila Bar with the restaurant’s relaunch.
- Get in the groove: Grove Studios, a rehearsal and performance space for the community, opened in January. The facility encourages collaboration and supporting new creative communities.
- Fresh bread: Authentic Mexican food spot, Tmaz Taqueria, has finished renovation and opened the bakery portion of the restaurant.
- A taste of Canada, eh? Lovers of smothered french fries rejoice in the expected opening of Smoke’s Poutinerie on South University in the former Dick Tyler’s Tavern space
- Way to go: Muth Law, P.C. The Washtenaw County Bar Association has voted Benjamin Muth their 2017 Outstanding New Lawyer.
- The perfect combination: Siris, a barbeque restaurant with a craft beer bar and cigar lounge will soon be opening at 207 N. Main St.
- A new harvest: The grand opening of Fresh Thyme Farmers Market on Washtenaw in Ypsilanti is scheduled for February 1.
- Medicine in the mitten: The UM Health System is changing its name to Michigan Medicine.
- Ali’s got a new face: The Packard Street Ali Baba’s will soon
be finished with the face lift to the building.
- More beautiful mugs: The Ugly Mug is rebranding and changing its name to Cross Street Coffee.
- Finger-lickin’: Ann Arbor Chef, Frank Fejeran, is opening a new fried chicken restaurant, Ma Lou’s Fried Chicken, as a tribute to his fellow chicken-lover and grandmother, Louise.
- #VapeLife: Exscape Smoke Shop & Vape Lounge has opened a new location on E. Williams Street.
June 13, 2017
The 34th annual Summer Festival is stacked with musical talent