Poetry & Fiction Contest
Submit your best and finest works of fiction or poetry. You just might see your name in print and gain some regional fame.
Please include the following information with each submission: name, address, phone, email, type of submission (poetry or fiction), and title of entry. (All submissions must be mailed in. See Contest Guidelines below.)
Poetry & Fiction Contest Guidelines
(Entries not following guidelines will not be considered.)
- Each writer may submit up to but no more than two unpublished poems (which may not exceed a combined total of three 8.5” x 11” pages) and one unpublished story (not to exceed 2,500 words)
- Each entry should be printed in a 12-point font with only the title on each page.
- Do not include your name or contact information on any of the copies.
- Judges from last year’s contest are not eligible to enter in this year’s contest.
- Employees of Adams Street Publishing and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter the contest.
- Fill in your name & contact information on the entry form above.
- Attach one separate entry form to four copies of each submitted piece.
- A $7 entry fee must accompany each story or poem.
Mail your check and work to:
Fiction & Poetry Contest
Adams Street Publishing
1120 Adams Street
Toledo, OH 43604
- You may also email entries to Scott Recker at email@example.com. Checks can be mailed separately.
- All entries must be postmarked by Friday, June 1, 2012.
- First and second place winners of Current’s Fiction and Poetry Contest will be printed in the August 2012 Current Magazine and displayed on the web at www.ecurrent.com
- Winners in each category will receive prizes or gift certificates from Ann Arbor area merchants.
- A panel of local literary experts judge work in each category.